How can you tell a moderate Republican from a truly conservative Republican?
There are two ways:
- For a candidate who has a voting record on the state level, go to
- idahofreedom.org and look at the 2018 Freedom Index rating.
- conservative.org (American Conservative Union) then type in a specific legislator and a state.
- votesmart.org then type in a specific legislator and a state.
- Look for funding sources for their campaign ads. See if they are paid for by themselves or are paid for by organizations such as the Idaho Prosperity Fund or the Idaho Realtor’s PAC. These groups tend to support candidates who are more moderate and left-leaning